A recent poll from the South Florida Business Journal found that 21% of entrepreneurs felt the hardest part of starting a business is coming up with a great idea. Coming up with an idea from scratch is difficult, so it is great when someone else can provide one for you. Here are 11 proven business concepts that you may want to try:
- Virtual assistant. Companies often want to outsource some of their responsibilities to virtual assistants . Most VAs make between $30 and $40 an hour.
- App developer. People are relying on their smartphone apps more than ever. You can make a great living making apps that serve their needs.
- Bookkeeping. A growing number of companies are outsourcing bookkeeping to third-party companies. If you are great with numbers and pay a lot of attention to detail, then this could be a great career for you.
- Social media consultant. Social media marketing is a huge market and is growing by about 11% a year.
- Computer repair. People are extremely dependent on their computers, but don’t know what to do if they stop working. You can make $75 to $100 an hour repairing computer problems.
- Online tutoring. Parents are very concerned about their children’s education. Tutors can make very good money helping them improve their grades. You can also make a good income selling your services to college students or people preparing for graduate entrance exams.
- Ecommerce store. Over $1.5 trillion worth of goods and services were sold over the Internet this year. The market is still growing rapidly, so you can make a great income running an ecommerce store.
- Online advertising agency. Internet advertising is another growing market. Many companies will be happy to pay you to find advertising on a popular niche sites.
- Life coach. Many people are looking for support to change their lives and are willing to pay handsomely for it.
- Equipment rentals. Businesses often don’t want to have to pay for their own equipment, because it may be obsolete in the future. They would rather rent from another company instead.
- Household services. People are having more trouble than ever trying to find time cleaning their homes, mowing their lawn and tending to other responsibilities. You can make a very stable income by offering these services.
All of these business models have been tried and tested. They are proven to be profitable, so you may want to consider them if you are planning to start a business.